As a DevOps Engineer at Nimbyx, you will play a crucial role in supporting our large-scale technology ecosystem.
This role will be responsible for implementing self-managing and self-healing practices, driving continuous improvement, and ensuring rapid iteration and scalability. Working closely with the Technology team, this role will ensure that our application infrastructures are robust, reliable, and scalable to meet current and future needs.
Achieving 99% uptime is a key objective of this role.
We are seeking an individual who thrives on working with the latest technologies and is always looking to push the boundaries of what can be achieved.
As a senior team member, the successful candidate will be encouraged to contribute their expertise and voice their opinions in all discussions.
• Manage applications using automated Build, Release, Deployment, and monitoring alerting.
• Design tools and intelligent alerts to proactively anticipate failures/issues, identify root causes, and automate self-correcting mechanisms to prevent future problems.
• Take direct responsibility for the reliability of our hosted infrastructure, ensuring scalability for future growth, and recommending cost-effective expansion methods.
• Collaborate with Solutions Architects and act as DBA when it comes to database performance tuning, data clean up, and overall data management.
• Provide immediate resolution on blocker issues such as performance issues, system downtime, or unavailability.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule, occasionally working outside of normal business hours to facilitate effective communication with stakeholders across the global organization.
• Setup and configure azure environments.
• Maintains (cleans, decommission, upgrades, downgrades) azure environments.
• Implements azure security hardening as defined by the Head of security.
• Monitors Azure environments and applies necessary actions.
• Tracks DB performance and tuning, reviews DB bottlenecks, and circles back to the dev
• Resolves blocker issues by providing immediate resolutions like database failure, data updates, service restart
• Provides technical guidance to the other level 2 support.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines.
• Working experience in writing build and deployment automation.
• Deep understanding of cloud-based architectures (preferred).
• Experience managing source code repositories in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc.) (preferred).
• Strong scripting capability in one or more languages.
• Experience with cloud services, including Azure (preferred).
• Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and best practices.
• Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
✨ Setup • Collaboration • Perks
Work Setup: Our long-term vision is to foster a strong company culture and align every member with the company’s mission and vision. In line with this, we plan to bring all employees back to our BGC office to strengthen cohesive team discussions, enhance shared business context, and elevate the team’s potential for success.
Office Location: One World Place, 32nd St., in BGC, Taguig City (near Uptown, Kidzania, and Home Depot).
Shift Schedule: We provide our team members with the flexibility to choose a specific daily schedule that aligns with their preferences. This empowers team members to align their work hours with their peak productivity times, fostering a more efficient, productive, and balanced work environment. • Early morning shift at 5am or 6 or 7am? Or if you’re cool with the night shift, we’re cool with that too!
Employment Type: Full-time • Permanent
Salary Details: Our focus is on finding the best fit without any constraints. Your worth is of utmost importance, and we’re committed to recognizing your value. Let’s discuss the incredible compensation package that awaits you!
Offer package: Our comprehensive benefits package includes health and life insurance, medical reimbursement for non-HMO covered expenses, de minimis benefits, a performance bonus, generous paid time off that can even be converted into cash, and a flexible work setup. Your well-being and success are at the heart of our package.