The QA Engineer is a strong and consistent advocate for quality within the Technology team. In this role, you will help drive the software delivery to the highest standard of quality.
As a QA Engineer, you are expected to participate in discussions and contribute to tasks that impact overall product quality (i.e. defining the acceptance criteria and clarifying business rules and user stories) not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured acceptance criteria for assigned user stories
- Estimates and execute assigned testing activities
- Identifies, records, documents software bugs and issues as they arise
- Coordinates with the respective teams for bug resolution during development phase
- Provides timely communication on project deliverables and quality status to the appropriate stakeholders
- Participates in the UAT process with the Product Manager which includes, but not limited to, a hand-over process to the Product Manager
- Tracks issues reported in production, and ensures that they are accounted for in the next versions
- Contributes to the use of automation tools to optimize QA cycle
- Drives and helps establish a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the Technology team
- Mentors junior members of the team
- Provides timely communication on project deliverables to the appropriate stakeholders
- Able to have a flexible work schedule and at times work outside of your normal business hours to accommodate for project deadlines as established by the company
- Helps establish a community of fun at the workplace and be confident to speak up and lead initiatives
- Other duties as required; special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Testing Methodologies and Practices as it relates to building and supporting Cloud-based software and services: Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Smoke Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Security Testing, Regression Testing
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of modern Test Automation Tools and Frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements to acceptance criteria and use cases
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive acceptance criteria and use cases
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working with Jira (Issue Tracking and Management)
- Experience with Source Versioning Tools (E.G. VSO, TFS, GIT)
- Champions and models continuous learning, promoting and sharing current testing and QA trends, best practices and methodologies with team
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work productively with limited supervision
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and deadlines
Setup • Collaboration • Perks
Work Setup: Our long-term vision is to foster a strong company culture and align every member with the company’s mission and vision. In line with this, we plan to bring all employees back to our BGC office to strengthen cohesive team discussions, enhance shared business context, and elevate the team’s potential for success.
Office Location: One World Place, 32nd St., in BGC, Taguig City (near Uptown, Kidzania, and Home Depot).
Shift Schedule: We provide our team members with the flexibility to choose a specific daily schedule that aligns with their preferences. This empowers team members to align their work hours with their peak productivity times, fostering a more efficient, productive, and balanced work environment. • Early morning shift at 5am or 6 or 7am? Or if you’re cool with the night shift, we’re cool with that too!
Employment Type: Full-time • Permanent
Salary Details: Our focus is on finding the best fit without any constraints. Your worth is of utmost importance, and we’re committed to recognizing your value. Let’s discuss the incredible compensation package that awaits you!
Offer package: Our comprehensive benefits package includes health and life insurance, medical reimbursement for non-HMO covered expenses, de minimis benefits, a performance bonus, generous paid time off that can even be converted into cash, and a flexible work setup. Your well-being and success are at the heart of our package.